Who said you can’t have pancakes for lunch? In the seventh #MinolaMealsBento video, we show you how to cook some savory squash pancakes that are perfect for baon. And if you’ve got any recipes you want us to try, tell us in the comments below! We’re cooking up more delicious videos for you, so stay tuned!
- 3 cups squash, shredded
- 1/4 cup white onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh sage, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated pecorino cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup cashew nuts, finely chopped
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup Minola Cooking oil for frying
- sour cream for garnish
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients except the oil and sour cream.
- Shape mixture into balls, then flatten into pancakes.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry each pancake until crisp on the outside.
- Serve with sour cream on top.
- Cut broccoli and lettuce, and line bento box.
- Place grated cheddar cheese for the mane.
- Cut and place squash pancakes for the ears and face.
- Cut carrots and place for the ears.
- Cut and place a cheese circle for the snout.
- Cut and place nori for the eyes and mouth.
- Cut and place carrots for the whiskers.
- Top with more grated cheddar cheese for the mane.